Samstag, 21. November 2015

About God

It was cold outside,
the first cold day this year.
Winter was coming.
Cold wind blew
around the
grey cornerstones
of this
tenement.

At the other side of this wall, that separates my little family
from
the cold,
my three year old son was already in his bed
and I read him a long poem
about Santa Claus.

How he rewards the good kids and how he beats
the evil ones who never
obey.

He was worried.

I laughed and told him,
it' s just an old poem, it' s not true.

Santa Claus also gives the bad kids a present if they' re sorry about
what they had done.

"Why?"

I tried to explain, that this is what mankind
does.

"You regret, you apologize and you' re okay again."

"Why?"

"Because we humans are good.
God made us good.
He forgives us, even if we make mistakes."

My son looked at me.

Thought about it.

Thought about it some more.

Then he smiled and said:

"He must be really crazy."



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen